Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 7, 2015

caste in cradle

two anganvadis of village Hajipur

In 2014 I have accessed minutes of SCPCR (state commission for the protection of child rights) and found that Madhu Senama, member of commission complained about separate anganvadi for dalit children in Hajipur village of Patan district. Commission as usual, did not act on Madhu's complaint who is the only Scheduled Caste member of the commission.
After a year I visited Hajipur with Hirabhai Solanki and Nagin Dodiya and found that the the separate anaganvadi for dalit children is still functioning. I wrote a letter to Rameshwari Pandya, chair person of the Commission and suggested her to resign because she had no time to work for child rights in the state. Rameshvari for her own prsonal reason resigned from the post. I again talked with new chair person, Bharati Tadvi, who is also a tribal. Bhartiben surprised and asked me why Madhu Senma did not take up the matter. Then, I wrote a letter to Mr. Dagur, additional chief secretary of social welfare department who is also ex-offcio chairman of state child protection society. I asked him to order district authorities to abolish separate anaganvadi for patel children. If patels of Hajipur are not ready to send their children to the anganvadi where dalit children sit, why state should continue such nonsense. I have decided that if Mr. Mathur would not answer my letter, I will file FIR against him under section-4 of Atrocity Act.
I told Ritu sharma, reporter of Indian Express about Hajipur. She made a stroy, but did not mention the efforts done by us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment